The architect office J.van Stigt is founded in 1966 by Joop van Stigt. In 1999 van Stigt sr. has transferred the office fully to his son Andre van Stigt, who already worked together with his father since 1981. The office is located at the Herengracht in a Vingboons house dating from 1665. In the last 20 years, we specialized more and more in restoration, renovation and reuse of existing and mainly monumental buildings. The passion of Andre van Stigt and his team for all cultural heritage is inspiring. It has given back a lot of monuments, not only to the city of Amsterdam but far beyond.
The office philosophy is that the architect is the trusted representative of the principal. The architect is personally and intensively involved in the complete building process, from the start of the design till the execution phase and the final / revised drawings, from the mainline till the details. His knowledge and expertise of the budget control (calculations and specification) is used and the architect carries out his responsibility by project supervision and integration of the installations. This is called the all engineering process.
Sustainable and durable building is one of the main principles of Architectenbureau J. van Stigt.
Architectenbureau J. Van Stigt has been rewarded many times: National Renovation Price (Gulden Feniks) for the restoration of the Olympic Stadium and for the Entrepotdok and Graansilo’s in Amsterdam. André van Stigt himself won the IJprijs for all his work in Amsterdam.